There will be 10 major sessions distributed over two and a half days (with a half day “free time” to explore Sydney or to spend as you wish).
Download and print the full abstract book and program (96 pages)..
Sessions will cover:
- What is motor impairment and what are the treatments?
- Movement Control
- Neural plasticity and rehabilitation
- Strength, weakness and fatigue
- Strength training in clinical populations
- Impaired sensation and its effects on movement
- Standing balance and its impairment
- Walking and falls in clinical populations
- Physical and cognitive interventions in motor impairment
- Understanding how muscles work
- Mechanisms and treatment of contracture and spasticity